Fantastic results all around at the Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon this past Saturday.
* The outstanding Dojo women's team easily wins the mixed team competition (as an all women's team!). The results are here, but the five member team of Janet, Rachel, Jenny, Laura, and Marissa scored a total of 43 points, outpacing the next team by 21 (or put another way, they averaged a 1:32 half, compared to 1:37 for the next closest team).
Now on to the individual results, great fast times that took place over what I hear was a pretty hilly course:
* Chris Pruitt - 1:12:43 - running almost 6 minutes ahead of his nearest competitor, wins the men's race, coming within seconds of re-setting his Dojo record.
* Janet Whittaker - 1:25:56 - 5th woman - makes a huge return to the racing scene after a long injury layoff.
* Rachel "The Machine" Clattenburg - 1:27:20 - 6th woman, 2nd in age group
* Jenny Paul - 1:31:06 - 10th woman, 2nd in age group
* Laura Jennings - 1:32:37 - 14th woman, 5th in age group
* Marissa Piropato - 1:45:34 - 56th woman, 10th in age group