Monday, April 16, 2018
Just terrible conditions. It is really cold, but not QUITE cold enough to turn rain into snow (snow would be much more manageable). So you are soaking wet and just get chilled to to bone the entire time.
Then you add on a relentless headwind. Like, a straight headwind. 25-30 mph.
I've never seen a major marathon - until today - where most of the top contenders decided to wear running jackets the entire way. Their choice was either get hypothermia or add massive wind resistance into 25 mph winds.
Honestly, just standing in full waterproof gear to watch was very unpleasant.
In the face of it, there were some impressive performances across the board. Results are still trickling in, but just all credit to everyone who ran.
Sunday, April 8, 2018
Michelle Behrens -
Shlomo Fishman - 54:51
Tim Greszler - 57:34
Amanda Hicks -
Laura Jennings -
Jen Maranzano -
Kathy Oprea -
Daniella Orton - :?? (The results say she's still running...)
Jenny Paul - 59:56
Lydia Pelliccia -
Kristen Serafin -
Alan Pemberton -
Emilie Yeh -
Eric Brower - (good for 2nd place!)
Saturday, March 10, 2018
• Jeff Redfern - 1:12:49 (new 2nd fastest Dojo half all time, PR?)
• Chris Higby - 1:14:01 (5th fastest Dojo half all time, PR?)
• Jenny Paul - 1:19:31 (NEW Dojo record, slicing 4 minutes off the previous fastest)
• Paul Karlsen - 1:19:35 (not bad for a tempo run)
• Amanda Hicks - 1:30:05 (debut race in a Dojo singlet!)
• Emilie Yeh - 1:33:40 (PR?)
As always, omissions are due to incompetence and not malice. Let me know if I missed anyone.
Thursday, March 1, 2018
Big kudos to Adams Watkins (aka Robin's husband), Tim, and Barry, for their performances at the Hashawha Hills 50K this past weekend!
- Adam had a come-from-behind win,
- Tim Greszler comes in 3rd - and still makes it out to workouts this week, and
- Barry Hauptman comes in 19th - ditto for workouts.
Monday, February 19, 2018
It is pretty terrifying when someone can run a 2:41 marathon as a training effort, on a pretty darn challenging course. That's what Jeff did this morning, winning the GW Birthday Marathon (the 2nd Dojo-ista to accomplish the feat) in 2:41:16.
Congrats to Jeff!
Congrats to Jeff!