Saturday, March 10, 2018
• Jeff Redfern - 1:12:49 (new 2nd fastest Dojo half all time, PR?)
• Chris Higby - 1:14:01 (5th fastest Dojo half all time, PR?)
• Jenny Paul - 1:19:31 (NEW Dojo record, slicing 4 minutes off the previous fastest)
• Paul Karlsen - 1:19:35 (not bad for a tempo run)
• Amanda Hicks - 1:30:05 (debut race in a Dojo singlet!)
• Emilie Yeh - 1:33:40 (PR?)
As always, omissions are due to incompetence and not malice. Let me know if I missed anyone.
Thursday, March 1, 2018
Big kudos to Adams Watkins (aka Robin's husband), Tim, and Barry, for their performances at the Hashawha Hills 50K this past weekend!
- Adam had a come-from-behind win,
- Tim Greszler comes in 3rd - and still makes it out to workouts this week, and
- Barry Hauptman comes in 19th - ditto for workouts.
Monday, February 19, 2018
It is pretty terrifying when someone can run a 2:41 marathon as a training effort, on a pretty darn challenging course. That's what Jeff did this morning, winning the GW Birthday Marathon (the 2nd Dojo-ista to accomplish the feat) in 2:41:16.
Congrats to Jeff!
Congrats to Jeff!
Sunday, February 18, 2018
Sunday, May 21, 2017
Congrats to the Capitol Hill Gang.
- The Summer of Jenny continues. Jenny Paul comes in 2nd place after a 20 hour international flight. Runs 38:27 (6:12 pace).
- Shlomo cranks to 8th place, with a very impressive 35:09 (5:40 pace).
- Matthew Newman returns to the US distance racing scene. He runs 41:58, which is 6:46 pace.
Way to go everyone!
Also, I wanted to add one result that I missed from a couple weeks back. At the Broad Street Run, Colin McGrath blazed to a 30th overall finish with a 53:43 (5:22 pace over 10 miles).
The result landed him in 2nd on the overall club record books. Congrats Colin!
Monday, May 15, 2017
Congrats to Jenny Paul, who continues her hot streak with an international win at the Bay Run in Glengariff, Ireland. Jenny came in 3rd overall and 1st woman, with a time of 1:25:02 (just a hair off her PR).
Congrats to Jenny!
If there are any results I missed, go ahead and circulate and I'll update the blog.
Sunday, May 7, 2017
We have a lot of envelope-pushers in the Dojo. But even in this crew, Barry Hauptman exists in a very narrow part of our bell curve. Here's a quick recap of Barry's 100 mile race from this weekend:
Barry finished MMT in 29:47. He was 51st overall and reports that this was the most difficult race he has ever done - more difficult even than Leadville a few years ago. It's a very technical trail to begin with - lots and lots of rocks, and one Hill after another with very few flat, easily runnable sections - and it was made more difficult by the large amount of rain on Friday - very slippery in lots of places, particularly the downhills. Barry is exhausted but satisfied - looking forward to another 100 in a month.
Congrats Barry!!! Incredible job.