Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Humanitarian Side of the Dojo

A wandering cat was saved today. As the CEO of the Humane Society recounts:
I wasn’t expecting to see many people out at 5:30 a.m. I thought I might see a few rats in the alleys, but no dogs on a walk quite that early.
It turned out that a dazzling-looking cat was walking behind a pedestrian, and keeping pace with him. I’ve seen a lot of unusual relationships that people have with animals and I figured this was one of those – a guy with his cat off-leash on a walk.
But when I circled back, a very nice young woman, who was out for a jog, was trying to coax the kitty to come to her. The pedestrian I saw earlier was nowhere to be found, and it was clear that this cat, at least for the moment, was on her own. It didn’t take much coaxing, and the cat was in the jogger’s arms.
The cat is now enjoying a comfortable life as Wayne Paccelle's new animal companion. That mystery runner was none other than the Dojo's own Amanda Hamilton! Congratulations to Amanda for saving the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment