Monday, May 20, 2013

Racing Roundup

It has been a while since I posted a racing roundup, but we've had some fantastic Dojo performances lately.
 
Chris Pruitt continues to enjoy his finest post-collegiate racing season. Following up on a blazing Cherry Blossom 10 Miler performance, Chris came in second to the venerable Wilson Komen at the Race of the Cure 5k.  Chris ran a quick 16 flat (and reportedly crossed the finish line before a couple of my friends even made it across the start).
 
Shawn Rumery ran a controlled "cruise-effort" race at the Delaware Marathon. Of course, a controlled effort for Shawn means coming in 5th overall, in 2:45.
 
Ben Stutts, Amanda Hamilton, Christine Hackman, and I all ran the Capitol Hill Classic 10K on Saturday.  For reasons mostly having to do with cheapness (having entered over a month ago), I decided that it was a good idea to do a 10k after putting in a 30-mile Comrades prep run the day before. Pleasantly surprised by what I had left in the legs, running 37:07 for 16th place. Most of my miles were at 5:50 pace (about all I could muster), with one true "power-down" moment from mile 4 to 5 where I crawled along in 6:30 or so, before pepping back up for the finish.
 
And last but far from least, Brian Savitch finishes in the money again at the Run for Animals 5k on Sunday, a favorite race and cause of his. Brian was nipped by a mere 12 seconds.
 
Congrats to all on the great results, keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment