Monday, January 3, 2011

George Washington Marathon Relay

Savitch and I are putting together a 3-person relay team for the George Washington Birthday Marathon. Anyone interested in joining the squad, email Savitch or me ASAP, and/or leave a comment below. If there is sufficient interest, we can put in two squads and use it as an intra-team challenge.

Race Details:

Date - Feb. 20, 2011
Time - 10:30 AM
Place = Greenbelt Youth Center, Greenbelt, MD
Relay Details - Leg 1: 9.7 mi; Leg 2: 7.3 mi; Leg 3: 9.2 mi.
Other Notes - The course has rolling hills, so don't necessarily come to this race expecting to set a 9.7 mile PR. Friendly, fun competition. Past three winning relay times: 2009 - 3:00:06; 2008 - 2:37:37; 2007 - 2:50:38. In 2008, Yi's WRC squad took first, ahead of Pemberton's co-ed team by 6 minutes. Hamley won the full marathon that same year, running solo, in 2:42. Last year's race was canceled due to snow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm up for a spot on a threesome
    Though I'm not known as Pembo the Lissome
    My legs have grown cranky
    And never were lanky
    So the outcome will likely be gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far we have Pemberton, Savitch, Geoff, and me. Two more takers? Then we can hold a self-confidence crushing, schoolyard-style draft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized I will be out of town that weekend. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete